04/07/2012

Skaters #2

Things are moving on for Skaters. If you'll allow me the rubbish pun.


I am recruiting faces for the portrait section but I had a great time this afternoon starting the supporting photography to the project.


I got fascinated by the way their shoes get totally wrecked, seemingly in no time at all, by the process of riding and practicing tricks. An antiques salesman would call it patina but these things are beyond use, other than they make a fascinating still life subject. So today I set myself the task of shooting one to establish an approach for others in the project.


And here's the result




So who else out there has a spectacularly knackered pair of skateboard shoes they don't mind bringing in?


Contact me, email is best: skaters@jkphotography.com

Pass it on

No comments: